[Ecasig11] seeking for volunteers to chair or convene a Microsymposium at the High Pressure Workshop in Vienna

Yaroslav Filinchuk yaroslav.filinchuk at uclouvain.be
Mon Jun 3 18:13:52 CEST 2019

Dear Colleagues,

Ronald Miletich is organizing a High Pressure Workshop in Vienna, a
satellite meeting to the ECM, see
https://www.univie.ac.at/Mineralogie/HPWS/program.html
Given this workshop is squeezed in between AIRAPT in Rio and EHPRG in
Prague, we have a difficulty to find sufficient number of people, and
thus are seeking for volunteers to chair or convene a Microsymposium
at the High Pressure Workshop in Vienna

The planned MS are:
 #01 — Computational approaches in extreme condition sciences
 #02 — Emerging experimental techniques
 #03 — Advanced synchrotron characterization at extreme conditions
 #04 — New frontiers in extreme condition crystallography
 #05 — High-pressure chemistry
 #06 — Material science under non-ambient conditions
 #07 — Electronic and magnetic materials in extreme condition sciences
 #08 — High-pressure crystallography in Earth and planetary sciences
 #09 — Metastability and material transformations under pressure
 #10 — Women under Pressure

If you feel you are able to attend the workshop, from the 13th
(or the 14th) of August and until the Saturday 17th, or even a part of
this time, and want to chair or contribute otherwise to the
organization, please drop me an e-mail ASAP, with your preferences.

I am sorry for this late call.

Thank you in advance, with best regards,
Yaroslav