[Biofisika] Becarios folder

Igor de la Arada igor.delaarada en ehu.eus
Vie Abr 8 09:41:10 CEST 2022

Dear all,

As some of you have asked about the disk space on the Biofisika Server
(commonly known as "Becarios" or "Servidor de Biofisika") I would like to
clarify some aspects.

The "Becarios" folder is a free of use shared space with, nowadays, 3 TB of
capacity to help people to store, analyze or transfer data between
equipments and lab or personal computers through the intranet as it has
been always since Unidad de Biofísica times.

(There is also a "Comun" folder where you can find Logos for posters or
presentations or Doctoral Thesis in pdf format.)

Right now there is no limitation or quota per user (remember that we all
share the same "becarios" user and password) so one person can use as much
disk space as they want (first come, first served) but always having in
mind that we all share this space, so we have to use the "Becarios" folder
rationally and clean up periodically our old or not necessary files and
folders to save space for all of us.

The "Data Storage" service that can be seen in the BRALM Facility Fees,
billed per Terabyte (TB), is only a service for those research groups that
need high space requirements to store, analyze or transfer their microscopy
images adquired in the microscopes of the institute.

I hope this email could clarify any doubt, but if not, do not hesitate to
ask me.

Best regards

Igor de la Arada
Light Microscopy Technician at BRALM
Instituto Biofisika (CSIC, UPV/EHU)
Scientific Park of the UPV/EHU
Bº Sarriena s/n - 48940 - Leioa, Bizkaia (Spain)
(+34) 946 01 3351
igor.delaarada en ehu.eus
www.bralm.cf